Friday, August 01, 2008

I was like a kid in a candy store tonight...literally.

My eldest, Jeni, took me out to dinner tonight for my birthday since she won't be in town next Tuesday when I actually get older. She took me downtown to one of my favorite restaurants, Sticky Fingers...ok give me a second to wipe the drool and barbeque sauce off my chin.

When we left the parking garage we decided to cut through Mast General Store because it was still muggy out and we wanted some air. Mast General Store is a store cultivating reminiscing in order to get us to open our wallets. Well, it worked on us tonight. Near the entranced we used were wooden barrels filled with all kinds of candy, many that I had not seen since I was a kid. We started looking and Jeni said, "Go ahead get some. It is your birthday." So I did. It was a fun experience for both of us. I kept seeing candies I had enjoyed and acting just, well, like a kid in a candy store and she felt like the mom, a very candy friendly mom. At one point, I picked up a bag of some chocolate covered something and said, "Oooh" and then set it back down, only to hear Jeni say, "If you say 'ooh' you can put it in the basket." I ended up with a bag full of carmels, bottle caps, licorice, Zots, chocolate covered orange bon-bon things and more, and we both have more laughter inducing memories for the future.

So I say..."Thanks, 'MOM'...:D

3 comments:

Summer said...

I don't like them either. ;0)

Summer said...

What have you been up to lately?

KathyA said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Summer's blog -- you got an award!!!
I love stores like the one you described!