Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I can smell the food. I can see the food. When do I get to eat it?

Being a fat guy, the illustration I used the other day to describe my feelings about the state of progress on the model unit for my apartment complex seems apropos. I said I feel like I am sitting at the dinner table, enjoying the pleasing aromas of a well cooked meal. I see someone bring my plate of food to the doorway of the dining room and the meal looks divine! As soon as the person bringing my meal walks through the doorway, they stop. They stand there allowing the fragrance of the meal to overwhelm the room, filling my nostrils with heaven. I can see the juiciness of the pot roast, the creaminess of the mashed potatoes, the fluffiness of the biscuits, but the plate is still resting on someone else's hand just out of my reach. HUNGRY YET?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the model unit is close to completion. Today, I walked through it and made a short list of items that still needed completion. The place is looking incredible. Imagine that greasy diner your family quietly left before ordering on your last vacation, then imagine the 5 star restaurant you raved to friends and family about until they begged you to take them there. Got the pictures firmly embedded in your mind? Those two places are closer to each other than what the old #2 and the new model unit are. I exaggerate only slightly.

I have lived in this same town home for the last 9 years. I have been working in some capacity on this complex for over three years and I can not express how overjoyed I am at having a 54 town homes that look like the model and the property being a place people vie to live.

So while I am still drooling, it is a happy drool, because I know in a very short time, I am going to eat!

1 comment:

eva said...

Hey dad... join Spring Reading Thing at Callapidder Days. :D