Saturday, September 29, 2007

Now, I'm a supermodel...an MRI supermodel.

Ok, so I am not a model, but that was the line I used to make myself feel less nervous when I talked to the office manager at the imaging facility where I got my MRI today. I was not really nervous ,just a hair. I was a bit concerned that I might be claustrophobic. Turns out, I am, just a little. I had the advantage of being scanned in an open MRI machine, but when they started moving me into the machine and my big nose nearly touched the top, I felt a twinge of fear. It did not last long, but it was enough to confirm my dislike for small confined spaces.

The technician's last words to me before she left the room were: "Don't move, don't cough, don't clear your throat." So where do you think my mind wandered and drifted as dozed off a bit? I constantly was having images that compelled me to move, like to catch something falling on the floor or shaking someones hand. I did not move, but it was funny how the images of the need to move flooded mu head.

Now, that I am a MRI model, I have to wait until Wed. to find out the orthopedist's final decision on whether he needs to try out his new scalpel on me or not. I am not savoring the idea of surgery, but I am beyond ready to have permanent relief from this pain, so I say, "Bring it on!"
"Just, go easy on the pain, I am sensitive...lol"

No comments: