Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Finally He Posts Again

I find it funny that many people who blog infrequently, like me, find it necessary to start a post after an extended time with some kind of explanation for their absence. What ratchets up the humor in my case is that I have no regular readers, and only a few who even stop by occasionally, so I guess I am really only excusing myself to myself. Talk about dumb.

I have mentioned previously a blog that I enjoy reading, 4thavenueblues.blogspot.com. Today, Andrew had a post where a friend had "interviewed" him with 5 interesting questions. I loved it. I think that it was a great way of getting to know him, esp. areas that he might not think to talk about . A few years ago, I met a young lady in GA while working there and we became friends with an eye towards dating. For about a month before our first date, we e-mailed each other questions, unique questions, that helped us get to know each other better. Questions like, "If you could have a dinner party and invite 5 guests, living or dead, who would you invite and why?" Or "What am I carrying around in my trunk?" That last one was very revealing. When we had our first date, there was no awkwardness, or strained conversation. We knew each other better than we thought. In other forums later, we both, independently stated that that had been the best date we had ever gone on.

I look forward to being interviewed and if any of you(if there are actually, any of you) who would like to interview me, feel free to do so.

No comments: