Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No rants today

There is so much that I hear on the news, or read in magazines, or glean from blogs that boils my blood and leads me to start ranting, but not today. I clicked the little link at the top of most of the blogs that says, "next blog" a few weeks back and after sorting through numerous blogs written in languages I sadly do not understand, I came across a very interesting one. The blog is 4thavenueblues,blogspot.com The writer, Andrew, struggles with mental issues, is a recovering alcoholic and has been homeless. The writer is also a brilliant writer, honest in his writing, and bares his soul for us to see. I have been fascinated by the lessons I learn reading of his daily struggles, his triumphs, his questions, and the people who love him. Today, my heart soared as I read about a friend of his getting a second chance with an estranged daughter and granddaughter, about a new neighbor who has quickly, seemlessly and as if ordained by God, become a source of comfort, encouragement and friendship, and about Andrew realizing that while the future he once might have had is no more, he still has a future ripe with wonderous possibilities.

My musing about Andrew's life got me contemplating my own, and deciding it is time to stop looking at all the mistakes, all the failures and the mountain I see when I contemplate becoming what I want and believe I should be, and start looking around me and remembering that life is good. Remebering also that God is good and with Him, all things are possible.

2 comments:

Gia Fernandes said...

How odd! I just read Andrew's blog a few minutes ago and then got here. He is amazing to read isn't he? I have been hungrily following his blog for a few months now.

Libby said...

great post, and it's always a wonderful feeling to come to the realization that you did...peaceful, isn't it?