Friday, August 26, 2005

Discipline, now there is an interesting word. It has a variety of meanings, but the one that interests me is the one dealing with ability of an individual to consistently accomplish things. I have always been a person with ideas, plans, goals, hopes, dreams,..Ok, I think you get the idea. My problem has been implementing the ideas and sticking with them. My plans may be as simple as walking for exercise daily, but I tend to fall through on them consistently. Wait a minute, that means that I am disciplined in being undisciplined. That's not good...lol This is one of the areas that I am working on. I want the plans and ideas that I have that I know to be good things to succeed, which will require me staying the course. I struggle with the concept of letting go and letting God, because while I am certain that God can and will do anything He wants, I also know that He expects me to do what He wants, that I have to actually do it. I am the one who has to lace up the sneakers and walk out of the driveway and take that fitness walk, each day. So I am asking Him to make me understand and make me do it.

Cockroaches are really annoying. We are having issues with them at the complex where I live and work. Fortunately, the problem is not in my building. We had a couple of tenants that felt that their apartments were better suited as landfill and sewage plants and so lived in accordance with those ideas. One of the results, and believe me there were a number of nasty and unpleasant results, was an infestation of roaches. I am now firmly convinced that the old adage that roaches will be one of the few survivors of a nuclear explosion. A friend in the building being claimed by the roach kingdom told me that he warmed something up in the microwave and as he was taking it out a roach crawled out of the microwave. Gross!! We have had the building sprayed professionally twice, bug bombed it twice and have lain all manner of roach pesticides. We are losing this war. I am contemplating requesting that we resort to the ultimate solution... just start charging them rent. Maybe they will get fed up with the noisy neighbors and move on their own.

Ok enough for lame jokes. I will talk to y'all later.

No comments: